Faxing through AirPort

Roberto robegian at yahoo.it
Fri May 9 00:34:33 PDT 2003

Hi all,

some recent posts about faxing and AirPort, make me wonder about faxing
through AirPort base's modem. I can't find that modem in the modem list of
my fax software (Fax STF 6, with Mac OS 9), so my questions are:

1) Is it possible to send/receive faxes through AirPort base's modem?

2) If it is, since I can't find a way to force Fax STF 6 to recognise that
modem, do I have to manually install any component in some folder or
something?

My AirPort network consists of an AirPort base (graphite), a BlueBerry iBook
with Mac OS 9, an 800MHz iBook with Mac OS X (both iBooks feature an AirPort
card) and a couple of further Macs networked to the base through an Ethernet
switch.

By the way, for Internet access normally I use an ADSL modem linked to the
Ethernet switch - the two iBooks access the web through AirPort (linked to
the Ethernet switch, which is linked to the ADSL modem).

Thanks in advance,

Roberto Giannotta
Trieste, Italy