[P1] Faxing in OSX

Jack Rodgers jackrodgers at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 04:02:22 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 12:02  AM, Charles Martin wrote:

> Sure you can. The DSL doesn't interfere with anything.
>
> Bear in mind, though, that if you use one phone line for all this,
> only ONE of the other three services (phone, fax, modem) can be in use
> at a time.

When my BellSouth DSL was installed, the DSL was connected to two of
the four wires coming from the phone room. The other two wires were
made available for a voice phone. This allowed me to have both dsl and
voice at the same time.

If you remove the cover from your phone outlet you will see that there
are four wires inside. Only two are being used if you have only the
initial phone installation. The other two are available for what ever
use you want.

---
Using a Merlin C201 Sprint Wireless Modem Card in a Titanium Powerbook
G4 and getting 123.1 kilobits per second downloads...almost 4X faster
than dialup. The salesman said it wouldn't work in a Mac...

JackRodgers at earthlink.net
http://www.JackRodgers.com
http://www.LobateLacScale.com