[iBook] Is this a crash?

patdart patdart at cox-internet.com
Sun Dec 12 08:34:50 PST 2004

Something just happened to me that has never happened before on my
iBook.  I've used Macs since 1990 or earlier and this was a new
experience.  I was reading email thru Mail and had Safari open and
suddenly, as I attempted to open a new page, all the screens
disappeared and a plain blue page was visible with nothing on it except
the turning ball, and as I watched my desktop came up.  I did a restart
and all seems okay now, but is this a "crash" and what should I do?  Do
I have maintenance that I need to do?

This is on my iBook, running 10.2.8, in case that matters.

Pat