[P1] wifi-access question

Wayne Schneck wayne at fme.com
Wed Feb 18 10:16:08 PST 2004

In regards to alternative wireless stations, I went with a D-Link 614+
station for our network. It was very inexpensive costing new from
Office Depot $39 after sale price and rebates. It was painless to set
up and only took minutes. My iBook immediately saw the station as soon
as I switched on the Airport card. My wife uses a Dell with a D-Link
card without many problems. One funny thing though, my Airport card
never misses or loses the station while the Dell with the D-link card
sometimes does. The Airport also seems faster even though the D-link
card is the x2 type at 22 kbs while the Airport is the original 11 kbs.
I assume the differences have to do with Win XP in her computer.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Wayne Schneck
Marketing Manager