[P1] Text only browseer ?

Ruffin Bailey rufbo1 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 7 20:41:29 PST 2004

> Lynx is the most famous text browser, having been around for the *nix world
> since the mid 90's. It's been ported to the Mac and can be found here:
> http://www.osxgnu.org/software/Networking/lynx/

Even better is Links, which has great table support and, imo, is all-in-all a better browsing experience than Lynx:

http://links.sourceforge.net/

Last I tried, I was able to run configure and make install and *poof*, links was up and running.  If you have any issues, feel free to give me a yell.

If you're running OS 9 on an older iBook, you've got two choices:
MacLynx: http://www.lirmm.fr/~gutkneco/maclynx/  (pretty old version)
WannaBe: http://mindstory.com/wb2/

There's a decent article on the difference here:
http://www.lowendmac.com/myturn/03/0613.html

I tend to use links via ssh and another Mac running OS X with my Powerbook 1400, and WannaBe natively when I don't have ssh access -- or MacLynx if I need cookies or form support, etc.

Ruffin Bailey