[P1] iBook External Speakers ??

Neil Hughes neil.hughes1 at tesco.net
Thu Jul 1 16:28:11 PDT 2004

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 00:26:53 +0100, Small Moose Ltd wrote:

>On 30/6/04 10:35 pm, "Neil Hughes" <neil.hughes1 at tesco.net> wrote:
>
>> Another vote here for the Creature Speakers...
>
>Are the creature speakers comparable in sound quality to the Harman Kardon
>soundsticks? And is the Creature's sub-woofer as booming as the iSub?

I don't think I've ever heard the HK/iSub setup so I couldn't tell you,
sorry. In terms of physical volume the subwoofers looked about the same.
If memory serves me right the Creatures were noticeably cheaper when I
bought them (in the UK) - the 3-speaker set cost the same as the
Soundsticks or the iSub. I think rev.2 is out now and they're cheaper again.

The sub-woofer's definately boomy (to my ears) - in fact I've adjusted
the bass tone control on it to avoid annoying the neighbours.

Aren't JBL a subsidiary of Harman Kardon? I have a feeling the
transducers (or whatever you call them) are the same and similar to the
speakers inside the old CRT iMacs.

Neil