[P1] Book rises from the dead

Joe Roberts joereform at mac.com
Sat Jun 26 10:10:05 PDT 2004

If you haven't tried it yet, I would boot from the Mac OS X install
disk 1, open up Disk Utility, and do a low-level format/erase (clicking
on the options button and zeroing all data) of the iBook HD.  Then try
re-installing OS X.  If that doesn't work, sounds like you have a
hardware problem.  The good thing is that you can probably find a cheap
HD on eBay or somewhere similar.  It's not exactly a resurrection, but
maybe you would settle for a Frankenstein scenario...  :)