[iBook] OSX or not on clamshell G3 366

Jonathan Fletcher jfletch at aye.net
Tue Mar 29 11:14:55 PST 2005

I wouldn't put anything earlier than Panther (10.3) on it and only then
with at least 256 MB of RAM. It will be slower, but Panther actually
runs pretty well on G3s of any level.

It runs great on the first generation iMacs (233 Mhz) that I have
tried. I even have it running on a Beige 266, but THAT requires
XPostFacto.

At this point, though, the only thing 10.0 is good for is nostalgia. I
just wasn't mature enough. Panther is WAY faster on older G3s, or
anything for that matter. Anything less I consider unusable.

j.

--
Jonathan Fletcher
jfletch at newmediaconstco.com