[iBook] Safari asking for keychain password

Mary H. maryh at brucetelecom.com
Fri Jun 2 10:30:44 PDT 2006

At 11:29 AM -0400 6/2/06, Steve R wrote:

>New-to-me iBook Dual USB. Basic Panther install, updated to 10.3.9.

Did you do a fresh install of the operating system when you got this
used Book? (I ask because I often run across users who have
"inherited problems" because they did not wipe and re-install on a
previously-used machine.)

>Safari is asking for a password for every site I'm visiting.

In Keychain Access preferences, do you see an option for reverting to
"factory settings"? I'd use it to start fresh.