[iMac] iMac G5's...

Murray Kastner murrayka at mac.com
Wed Sep 29 20:35:30 PDT 2004

Yeah, me too. After putting down a $500 deposit with a dealer I was
sure would be amongst the first to receive stock, I discovered that
Apple was shipping to the larger outfits and I cancelled my order and
had J & R ship me a 20" the very same day I placed the order. The only
problem is that I had to forego Bluetooth.

It never ceases to amaze me how clever Apple can be and how stupid they
also can be. My 20" shipped with only 256 Mb RAM and I cannot open up
more than a couple of apps at a time. Sure, I ordered 2 512s to replace
the measly stock config but the memory is apparently defective so I am
stuck until I can replace the bum memory.

I love this machine! So will you. But if anyone at Apple is listening:
Guys, stop kicking yourselves in the foot with dumb moves. Ship the
product with a reasonable configuration. And you guys should realize
that a goodly portion of your market are going to want to go wireless.
The $100. for the bluetooth along with BT mouse and keyboard is going
to be very popular. So, don't penalize us by making us wait for this
configuration just because it has to be special ordered. Your design
team could have easily made the mod user-installable and then everyone
could look after it themselves.

But, guys, you have a real winner with the new iMacs. Blows every PC
away big time!