iTunes 5 (was iTunes Folder)

Todd Masco itunes-list-local at babayaga.org
Thu Jul 31 18:24:22 PDT 2003

Travis wrote:
> As far as I know you can stream to your other Macs now, as long as
> everyone is using 10.2.4 or better and iTunes 4. I'm doing it at my
> place...

I wasn't clear about what I mean, I guess.  I mean, being able to
stream from the same Server A, items to Library A1 to Client B, and
items from Library A2 to Client C.  Right now you can only do that with
playlists from the same library, which (are you noted) is rather
unwieldy when you talking about large libraries of very incompatible
types of listening.  Sure, there are way around this with Genre and
automatic playlists, but it's not as elegant as I would like and has
other problems that I noted.

> Got any old Phillip Marlowe radio shows?

Not yet, but I probably will at some point... hundreds of CDs sounds
like a lot, until you realize that a given title might take a dozen
CDs. All of  Ruby the Intergalactic Gumshoe alone  takes, what?  30
CDs?  40?

	-- Todd