[iTunes] iTunes Music Library file error/alert

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Sat May 24 20:05:41 PDT 2003

> Have any of you experienced this before?  What gives?

Yes, but I only had 100mb of free space at the time, so I doubt the
error (for me) was a glitch. Mail also lost just my account settings,
and I had to recreate them.

Make sure your permissions didn't get screwed up where iTunes keeps the
library folder (make sure your user has full access to that folder, and
the files), and perhaps even delete the iTunes preference file (before
you do this, make sure it is an OK thing to do - I have never deleted
the iTunes preference file). The library and xml files should not be
deleted.

This is a good time to put a reminder out there - back up your library
files! It isn't fun to rebuild a huge library from the last backed up
file, and it only takes a quick second to save the files to a different
spot on your hard drive...