[iTunes] Re: Batch Converting MP3 to AAC

Ron Skinner rskinner at lvcm.com
Thu May 29 15:49:31 PDT 2003

Kunga-

I just realized I failed to respond to your earlier question concerning the
CLI. Sorry. CLI is an abbreviation for Command Line Interface. This is the
interface used in terminal mode and also applies to MSDOS and Unix.

Regarding the AAC conversions: Yes, you simply select the files (hint- sort
them by bit rate first) and select "Convert Selection To AAC" from the
Advanced menu. They will then be converted at the rate set in preferences.
And once converted, they will appear in the same iTunes window. You can then
hit the Delete key (or Option + Delete if working in a playlist) and the
original files will be moved to the trash.

Pretty slick, uh?

Ron