Help with an iTunes problem

Joseph W. Chance jchance at midsouth.rr.com
Tue Apr 20 11:52:01 PDT 2004

Can anyone tell me how to fix this one.  I keep my iTunes library on an
external drive.  While importing some CD covers, it (Panther) crashed.
When I re-booted, my iTunes Music Library file is no longer valid.  I
tried making a new alias and moving it to the User/Music folder, but it
still says that it is not valid.  Along the way, something happened to
the music library folder on the external drive.  Any suggestions how to
return the playlists to their proper working order.  The music is still
there, just the library file does not work.  Thanks.