Browse vs. Playlist?

ecirwin at mac.com ecirwin at mac.com
Fri Feb 13 03:40:21 PST 2004

> I would like to have an iPod option on each song.
> My library does not fit on my 5GB iPod. So I have two versions of most
> playlists.  I have one playlist that is the album as released and one
> that only
> has the cuts I want on my iPod.
>
> With this option I could have one playlist for each album.

Brian,

Any reason you aren't using the "Browse" mode of iTunes to pick out
albums, instead of creating a playlist (or two) for each one?  You can
also use the little check boxes next to each song to determine whether
it gets sent to the iPod or not.  I can understand the need for a
playlist for the iPod, so you can easily decide to carry one album on
it or not.  Having a playlist with the entire album seems like a waste
though, when you can basically do the same thing in the Browse mode and
you won't clutter your playlist section with doubles.

Just a thought.  I recently rediscovered the Browse function of iTunes,
so I figure there must be others out there that have forgotten about it
too.

Eric