[iTunes] Locations Lost After Reinstall

William Hill bhill at duckhill.com
Fri Nov 19 19:06:25 PST 2004

Yesterday I had the unfortunate task of reformatting my hard drive
(TiBook 400 MHz, 10.3.6, iTunes 4.7), and when I got things put back
together, I discovered that iTunes has lost the location of MOST of my
music (I get the "...the original location could not be found"
message), and has is also telling me that every song that I have
purchased from the Apple Music Store is "not authorized to play on this
computer". I did  a consolidation, but that only found about 10% of the
songs on my hard drive. Do I have to sit here and select the location
of each song, and then go through the process of re-registering every
purchased song??? Arghhh....

Thanks.

W i l l i a m  C . H i l l

d u c k h i l l  d e s i g n