[iTunes] Redundant Audio Tracks

John simplymail at ururk.com
Wed Oct 13 11:04:46 PDT 2004

Sorry I'm jumping in late here . . . not too sure if this was mentioned
before.

Check your preferences - is iTunes set to import music when adding
music? This will create a new copy of each music file, and that will be
put in the Music/iTunes/iTunes Music folder. The original files will
not be referenced by iTunes.

The other thing to do, is to go in iTunes, get info on a track, and
look under the Summary tab. At the bottom is the path of the file
iTunes references.

You mention two different song counts - see which files are unique to
the one location, and see where iTunes references them.

Hope I'm not stating the obvious . . . if so, don't take offense!