[iTunes] Prespecifying shuttle and equalization

Adam Bass abasscube at mac.com
Sun Aug 7 12:02:45 PDT 2005

Hi Scott,

In answer to your first question, I'm not sure I understand you
correctly. Is there a specific playlist you always want shuffled? In
that case, I believe you do have to activate Shuffle mode in the iPod
Settings, but once you put it on shuffle, it should stay that way
until you turn it off. If you just want to shuffle all your music, on
the 3rd and 4th gen iPods with the latest software update, there
should be an option on the main screen to "Shuffle Songs", which
automatically shuffles all your songs.

Regarding your second question, you can set each individual song to a
certain equalization setting in iTunes, and this setting transfers
over to the iPod. Just make sure that on the iPod, you have the
equalizer set to Flat, and it'll automatically set itself to the
equalizer that you set for each individual song in iTunes.

Hope that helps!

Adam