[iTunes] Podcasts

Julio.Vasquez at fedgroup.com Julio.Vasquez at fedgroup.com
Mon Mar 14 12:43:32 PST 2005

I now have roughly 20GB+ of podcasts in iTunes... been listening/downloading since last November...

I use PlayPod for OS X to subscribe to the feeds. I've tried others, but this one is my preference.

This is my iTunes setup for my podcasts:

SmartPlaylist named "New Podcasts"
::criteria::

if ALL are met:
        genre equals podcast
and   date added is within the last 1 day
and   playcount = 0

This allows me to have fresh unlistened to podcasts synced to my iPod on a daily basis... I exclusively listen to podcasts now on my iPod from about 6am - 6pm. Once I listen to each podcast... the playcount = 1 thus it will be removed from the smart playlist when I connect my iPod.

This setup has allowed me to have new content every day on my iPod and has been working very well for me.