[iTunes] IT WORKED/was applescripts for iTunes playlists

Bill White billwhite at mac.com
Sat Feb 18 07:44:49 PST 2006

On 2/17/06 2:30 PM, Terry Pogue <tpogue at comcast.net> wrote:

> Bill! It worked! Thanks so much. I'm very pleased. It's exactly what  I
> needed.

Excellent, Terry! Glad you figured out how to get it going and sorry I
couldn't answer sooner with instructions.

Just for reference, I thought I'd outline the steps needed to create and
save an AppleScript for anyone else who might be curious.

[1] Open Script Editor (should be in Application/AppleScript/Script Editor)

[2] Make a new window if one doesn't already exist and either type or paste
your script in that window.

[3] Click "Compile" to make sure all is well. Click "Run" to run it.

[4] If it does what you want, save it. There are several save options but
the two of most interest would be saving as a script or saving as an
application. If you save as a script, then double-clicking the file will
open it in Script Editor; if you save as an application, double-clicking the
file will run it as if it was any other application (after all, it is!).
Note that if you save as an app, there will be three optional checkboxes
(Run Only, Stay Open, and Startup Screen) which should stay unchecked for
most purposes.

Hope that helps. Happy scripting!

Bill