[iTunes] applescripts /Was iPod woes, now it's iTunes woes

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Sat Feb 9 09:22:33 PST 2008

Ok, I just tried it again.  I ripped two tracks from CD as AAC files.
I then tried to convert both to
bookmarkable.  After one was converted I got "event timed out" error,
but the first track was converted.
I then tried the second track and it worked.  Both tracks are now
listed under Audio Books and I have
the original m4a files in the trash.

When I rip a book I "join the tracks" (Advanced Menu) into one AAC
file per CD.  I did this because I
was losing the last word of the narration of each segment.  Joining
the tracks solved this problem.
Because the file is "bookmarkable" having one large file per CD isn't
a problem.