[iTunes] itunes seems to be broken

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 18:08:06 PST 2008

--- Ken Stevens <kestevens at mac.com> wrote:

> Is the book in your iTunes music folder along with your other
> music/
> podcasts/books?

well, the counter still doesn't seem to work, but I've solved
the problem, although I haven't found the reason why.

I deleted all the files from the computer, shut down iTunes,
then turned off my computer and let it sit for a bit. I then
started up the computer again, started up iTunes again, and
re-imported the files, and they came in just fine.

making computers work sometimes resembles black magic: you do a
ritual that doesn't seem like it should have any effect, but
somehow it does.

it's a pain the counter doesn't work, however... I'd gotten used
to files being dropped from my smart play list after I'd
listened to them... made keeping track of where I was in my book
much easier.

-becca