[iTunes] rebuilding iTunes library

Ken Stevens kestevens at mac.com
Fri Jul 11 10:39:21 PDT 2008

Hi Becca:  Back up both your iTunes library and iTunes library.xml.
This is a bit redundant but
it won't hurt to have both backed up.  I recommend backing them up to
a different disk if possible.

When I crashed a hard disk I lost all my music, photographs, my
financial and tax records, my medical
records, any programs I had downloaded off the net.  Reconstructing
all that was a mess and some was
lost forever, so I sympathize.
I recommend backing up everything on your hard disk daily.  Hard
drives are mechanical devices
so they will wear out and fail without warning.  Is there anything on
your computer it would hurt to loose?

Ken