[iTunes] downloading podcasts - again.

cheshirekat cheshirekat at pobox.com
Fri Feb 6 13:15:57 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 6, 20098:12 AM, the following words from Becca
becca_price at yahoo.com, emerged from a plethora of SPAM ...

>--- On Fri, 2/6/09, Ken Stevens <kestevens at mac.com> wrote:
>
>> I see the problem but I don't know how to fix it.  I
>> just tried the clock change trick and changed the download
>> time.
>> I then quit iTunes and changed the clock back to the
>> correct time.  When I opened iTunes again it had set the
>> download time for 3 hours from now.  I will be going to an
>> Apple store in the next couple of weeks, I will ask the
>> genius.
>
>thank you!

... ...
>what gets me is that iTunes held the correct time for a couple of weeks,
>then went back to refreshing the podcasts whenever I plugged the iPod
>in, or ... well, pretty much when ever it felt like it, it seems.
>
>The other problem with the clock change trick is that I'd have to click
>Refresh once I've reset the computer clock, and that means I'd be doing
>a download slug outside the magic hours of 3am-6am.

... ...

>this is being very frustrating.
>
>Of course, the whole problem would go away if our ISP didn't have such
>restrictive limitations on bandwidth usage. (and this is one of the
>things that's keeping me from getting into ebooks - if I have trouble
>downloading audiobooks, how much more trouble would I have downloading
>ebooks?)
>
>-becca

Becca,

Who is your ISP? Maybe you can ask their tech support for help. As there
are others with the same download restrictions, they might be able to
recommend a solution. Also, some ISPs have forums or support information
on their web site for their members with FAQs you could search for help.

I think that since the majority of users do not have the restrictions
your ISP imposes, it might be best to seek answers from people who are
facing the same issues.

Finally, I hope you have made Apple aware of the problem through their
feedback page <http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunesapp.html>

As it is really a source of frustration for you, I suggest you provide
detailed feedback frequently for your problem so that Apple will be sure
to address it quickly - and ask others to provide feedback if they have
the problem and haven't resolved it or resorted to cumbersome workarounds.

Good luck.

Death is not the worst evil, but rather when we wish to die and cannot.
- Sophocles:Electra, 1007.

* Mac Pro 2 GHz Quad Xeon * OS X 10.4.10 * 3 GB RAM *