[iTunes] iTunes: result of talking to a Genius

Michael Prete michaelprete at cox.net
Sun Feb 8 00:22:50 PST 2009

On Feb 7, 2009, at 3:08 PM, Becca wrote:

> --- On Sat, 2/7/09, Roger Snyder <rogersnyder at pobox.com> wrote:

>>  bombing and losing the library, etc. sounds like
>> other issues.
>
> oh, yeah. There's apparently something hinky in my login on my
> computer that Does Not Like iTunes 8. I spoke (at *great* length)
> with a fairly high up technician, who had me create a totally new
> login on my computer, and install iTunes there... and it's behaving
> perfectly as it ought (so far).

This is a common technique to isolate the issue. That iTunes performs
properly within the new account suggests you have a corrupt preference
or application support file. If it were a bug in iTunes or in your OS,
it would be the same regardless of operating from a new account.

> I'm waiting the call back from him to tell me how to attach my
> backed up library file so I have all my podcast subscriptions and
> playlists back again. It looks like I may have to simply abandon
> that login and use the new one from now on. *sigh*

I would guess that you can track down the corrupt files, but even if
you had to transfer over to the new account it can be done fairly
easily. Much easier than all the struggle you seem to be going through
now.

Michael Prete

More will be revealed.