[iTunes] I hate iTunes 8

Kirk McElhearn kirkmc at mac.com
Thu Jan 8 10:30:47 PST 2009

On Jan 8, 2009, at 7:13 PM, Becca wrote:

>> IT sounds like your real problem is your Internet access...
>
> that's not something I can do anything about - it's the perils of
> living out in the country.
>
> but that's still no excuse for iTunes for freezing up on me and then
> losing all my playlists - I don't see how that's a problem with my
> internet access. I've been on the phone with AppleCare for about an
> hour, and I know I'll have to uninstall everything and reinstall
> it... and probably have to re-subscribe to all my podcasts... what I
> don't know is whether I'll also have to rebuild my playlists or
> whether iTunes will automatically find that library folder that
> contains that information - and the guy from AppleCare that I talked
> with didn't seem to know.
>
> *sigh*
>
> I didn't have these problems with iTunes 7.

But is it a problem with iTunes, or is it Windows? If you're leaving
your computer on for hours unused, is there a possibility that Windows
is doing something wrong?

Didn't you back up your iTunes Library? If so, replace the library
file from the backup...

Kirk
            Author of: Take Control of Users & Accounts in Leopard
                       http://www.mcelhearn.com/tco.html