[iTunes] the new iTunes

Kirk McElhearn kirkmc at mac.com
Wed Sep 1 14:17:57 PDT 2010

On Sep 1, 2010, at 11:14 PM, Terry Pogue wrote:

> I put all my new books in a playlist. I have four iPods in my family and we all listen to different books at a time. I only keep about 30 playlists at a time and delete those as we have all heard them.
>
> How could I sync my playlists of books without going to  Books. Oh, you mean take them out of put them in the folder that is supposed to hold music. I do have a little music there but I could just delete that.  Hmmmm. Okay I can try that. It will probably take some tweaking. Many of the books go into the book folder automatically. I'd need to move all of them. I have 85 GBs of books in the book folder now.

Here's what you could do:

Create a playlist called New Books (or whatever you want). When you add books to iTunes, click on that playlist, then drag the files there.

For each person who wants to sync books, then drag the new books to their playlists. Choose which playlists you sync from the iPod settings Books tab. When you're finished listening to a book, delete it from your playlist.

85 GB is not a lot. I have 350 GB in my iTunes library, with some 55,000 tracks. I think the issue is probably the fact that iTunes has to read the files to get the covers to display, and audiobook files are much bigger than music files.. If you were to display in list view, it would probably be faster (if you don't display the covers).

Kirk

Reading Henry James
http://www.readinghenryjames.com
Twitter: @mcelhearn