[Cube] G4 no start?

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Mon Sep 25 08:52:09 PDT 2006

Gilbert, will the Cube boot *without* the Apple ADC monitor
connected? Will the Cube continue to stay on with the power button
lit after having the monitor disconnected? I had some issues when I
bought my original used stock Cube. The bundle included a 15" Apple
ADC monitor. Everything worked but using the ADC monitor appeared to
give the Cube power supply a real work out. After upgrading the Cube,
the ADC monitor was sold. The Cube, all upgrades & power supply
continues to work, without any issues, three years later.

Now I'm definitely OFF topic... Like Dave, I also love my upgraded
Cube (Sonnet 1.2GHz G4 - 1.5GB Ram, 120GB Seagate Barracuda, ATI
Radeon 7000 (flashed) video card. The card easily handled two
monitors a 20" and 15" LCD using the DVI and VGA out. As a video card
footnote, had purchased a Radeon 8500 but decided the 7000 (not a 3D
gamer) was more than adequate and quieter too as it didn't require a
fan. So sold the 8500.) Last winter, I had naturally planned on
selling the Cube after purchasing a new 2.1GHz G5 iMac. (last PPC
iSight model) However, I just couldn't part with it. This is the
first Mac in almost 20 years and after owning 15 different Mac's that
I couldn't sell. The Cube's wonderful art form just gets into our
computing DNA. And it's not just sitting there looking pretty. It has
found its own particular niche in my studio desktop and pays its own
way as a supplementary machine.

Rod