[G4] Jaguar - many apps fail to start - unexpected quit

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 21 12:40:51 PDT 2003

Hey,

As a matter of fact this exact problem happened to me. Only a few of my
applications would launch mostly incapacitating the machine. To fix
this, run the upgrade to 10.2.5 if you don't have it just find it on
Apple's website. I just ran it over my original 10.2.5 installation and
the machine was none the wiser. I believe this is caused by a corrupt
file deep in the system that is practically impossible to replace so
doing this fixed my computer good as new. Don't forget your permissions
fix at the end ;-)

CJ