[G4] System profiler and PC-133 RAM

Dave March dkmnow at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 14:17:47 PDT 2006

The old original PC100 can't run on a 133 mbps bus
(unless the system automatically dowshifts for it,
maybe?), but newer PC133 WILL run at 100 on a system
set for 100 mbps.  They're backward-compatible that
way.

Could it be possible that your bus is really running
at 100 mbps, for some reason?  If so, that might be
something to tweak in Open Firmware (in which case, I
can't advise you).  But the relationship between bus
speed and processor speed may be important to know
before making any changes.  I'd do some searches on
http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/ and elsewhere, to be sure.

Best o' luck.