[G4] Mirror Door G4 dual 1 GHz power problems

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sun Jan 11 18:54:53 PST 2009

On 1/11/09 8:56 AM, "CDT" <cdt at globaldsl.net> wrote:

> You might want to try the Open Firmware resets:  Restart the computer  and
> immediately after the chime, press and hold the Option, Command,  letter "O"
> and letter "F" keys simultaneously until a message appears  telling you to
> release them.  (The machine is now booted into Open  Firmware).  Then type
> the following lines exactly and press the  return key:
>
> reset-nvram (hit the return key) set-defaults (return) reset-all (return)

I've done that voodoo previously, but not to try fixing this problem. I did
reset the PMU by pressing the motherboard reset switch. I have an off-list
reply that suggests the power supply might be the problem. That respondent
indicated that replacing the power supply resolved the date and "failure to
start" problems for him.

I'll let you know what happens when I get the chance to try the OF reset.

Jim Robertson