[MacDV] iMovie3 Problems

Dennis A. Amith nt2099 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 8 15:23:42 PDT 2003

Greetings Ian,

Thank you for the letter.

I know that many people have been having problems with imovie3 and these
problems can be found on this ML, message boards and websites online.

I received a letter from Gee Three stating that the problem does happen with
their titles as well as Apple's titles and the person did suggest I can go
back to using imovie2 which their software doesn't have those problems.

Granted, if you are not accustomed to working with iMovie and work with
video and basic titling and transitions, you can get by fine and the
problems one can have is very minimal.

But if you have used iMovie2 and now are using 3 and are using many clips,
titles, effects, transitions, etc., the problems that are exhibited are
quite frustrating (compared to the cool experience with working on iMovie2).

I know...several of you have removed imovie 3 and are using imovie 2.  But I
have kept my patience of not re-installing iMovie 2 and waiting for the
latest upgrade for iMovie 3.02...which I am hoping that Apple is currently
working on one for improving iMovie3.

What worries me is that we are now in April 2003... Will we be experiencing
something similar to 2001-2002 and having to purchase a whole new Mac OS
again this Summer for improved stability with software?

- daa