Installing Pioneer AO5 in G4 FW800

Fabian Ius Fabian_Ius at edu.yorku.ca
Fri Apr 11 20:46:50 PDT 2003

Okay, I'm going to change the subject...

I just received a Pioneer AO5 DVD burner.
(It was nice of Pioneer to include 2 blank media)
(Also considered the Sony DVD-R/RW _ DVD+R/RW, but went for the lower priced product which was on sale.)

I already have the "combo drive" in a G4 1.25 GHz FW 800.

Question...
I am assuming that the combo drive is in "Master" mode and that I should set the A05 to "Slave"...

Correct ?

Anything else I need to be aware of when I open up the G4 and install the burner?

I've checked with Apple support and could only find info/pictures for replacing the optical drive in a G4 FW800, but no info on adding a second optical drive.

Thanks in advance,
Fabian