Firewire problem

Gordon B. Alley galley at texas.net
Mon Apr 14 19:44:15 PDT 2003

I have never been able to successfully capture DV to my external 7200
RPM FireWire drive, nor export from an iMovie project stored on that
drive.

Part of the problem is that some Canon DV  camcorders (like my ZR 40)
will not import or export properly if the drive being used is on the
same FireWire bus. This is documented in iMovie help. I haven't
actually tried it with OS X 10.2.5 yet, but it was still a problem
with 10.2.4. I believe it is actually a problem with the Canon
FireWire implementation. Hopefully this is fixed in recent Canon
models.

--
Gordon Alley  <*>
<mailto:galley at texas.net>