[MacDV] Re: What Computer

Matthew Guemple mo.og at verizon.net
Thu Apr 17 09:21:51 PDT 2003

It's been said 1000 times and is worth repeating. Buy the best machine
you can afford. It might sting a bit now, but inevitably if you cheap
out you will (probably and quickly) get to the point where what you
want to do will be limited by the machine. Or by that machines ability
to run the new software that just came out that you want to use... etc.

The advantage of the tower is that you will (almost) always be able to
find some way to work around. iMac and eMac will always be limiting at
some point.

I spent years working with FrankenMacs and underpowered systems. The
time suck and frustration alone would have been worth the expense (in
retrospect) I just didn't have the cash. It's a trade off I would not
recommend.

Or you could go PC? Yikes... but cheap.

Matthew Guemple
Art Director/03
mo.og at verizon.net
646.734.6601
www.gridd.com
http://www.creativehotlist.com/
index.asp?linkTarget=fullProfile.asp&indID=19599