[MacDV] Re: Disk fragmentation

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Fri Apr 18 05:28:05 PDT 2003

I'm afraid Gordon's original post was correct. The note about
PlusOptimizer is hidden way down at the bottom of the page. But if you
go to the PlusOptimizer support page, you find that the current version
of PlusOptimizer will work on OS X 10.2 disks. The only exception is
that they don't recommend using PlusOptimizer on disks where journaling
is turned on. What the heck is "journaling"?

I also noticed that, if you buy a copy of DiskWarrior after Feb. 1,
2003, you get a free upgrade to 3.0. So buy a current copy just for
PlusOptimizer, then take advantage of the free upgrade when it's
available. I've been following this optimization discussion, and i
think I'll try that strategy.

Steve R.