[MacDV] Re: Formatting my hard drive

Kochkodin kochkodin at verizon.net
Wed Dec 3 09:40:29 PST 2003

Yes...I had all kinds of trouble when I first started w/X and only had
Norton 6...Had 2 partitions for 9.2.2 and for 10.1 then10.2.  Norton
couldn't touch X so in desperation I got DW3....What a lifesaver!!! It
fixed everything and I am now running 10.3.1 and it works
perfectly....As a preventative I run DW once a week and also run Apples
utility to repair permissions from the 10.3.1 disk....I did not install
DW so I can run it straight from the cd easily....Apple told me that DW3
does an excellent job but that you still need to run the permission
repair thing from the Panther disk to be safe...
HTH
Mike K