[MacDV] Re: iMovie Titles Using Photoshop

Erica Sadun erica at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 9 09:33:10 PDT 2003

At 6:03 AM -0700 9/9/03, Dennis R. Cohen wrote:
Someone else wrote:
>  >I created a RGB graphic in photoshop (2560 x 1920 @ 150 dpi), but it
>>gets horribly pixelated in iMovie...

It doesn't matter what it looks like in iMovie, it matters
what it looks like on the TV screen. 2560x1920 is the
proper 4:3 ratio but if I were you, I'd use Photoshop to
resize down to 720x540  and try importing that instead.

>  >Has anyone ever created titling images in photoshop for an iMovie
>>project? If so.... What were the dimensions / resolution settings you
>>used?
>>

>640x480, 72dpi is what is recommended. You're also going to want to make
>sure that you use an NTSC-compatible color palette.

Just as a heads up, the DPI doesn't matter at all.
You can also apply an NTSC limiter after importing.

-- E