[MacDV] pixels

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Sun Feb 22 12:30:28 PST 2004

The short answer to the original question -- don't worry about the
pixel aspect ratio when importing large images, FCP will take care of
making your images come out properly during rendering.  Just make sure
you have enough resolution for your zooming -- if you want to think
about multiples of a frame size when scanning or preparing them in your
image editing app, keep it simple and use 720x540 as your base, so if
you need to zoom in 200%, make your image 1440x1080...

I'm not sure if FCP will still try to scale an image brought in at
exactly 720x480, but if that's the way you want to work, you should
work with the image at 720x540, and then the VERY LAST step in
preparing your image would be to scale it to 720x480.  It will look
strange in Photoshop (or whatever image editing app you're using), but
it will look fine when it gets in FCP and hits video.

- Mark