[Ti] Software Update everybody

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Fri Feb 14 11:32:03 PST 2003

At 00:52 -0600 14-2-2003, Chris Olson wrote:

>  I was developing a PHP front end to a MySQL database, and
>downloaded the upgrade while working on my PHP scripts.  I was
>somewhat irritated that the machine had to be restarted after the
>upgrade installed, and even more irritated after restart when my
>webserver configuration was broken.

Chris - although the update asks for a restart, because of the
multi-tasking under X, you did not need to do that until you had
finished whatever other task (sccript creation) you were working on.
Major system updates always need a restart, but in X, you still have
control over WHEN you restart.

regards,  Trevor