[X-Apps] PC Viruses on Mac

human being human at electronetwork.org
Sun May 25 19:22:21 PDT 2003

> I'm not sure what's the point of this quote.

  i appreciate your considering this, and yes it is what was sent to me
  after someone's virus checker on their (PC i imagine) system warned
  that the quicktime movie file i created, with the questionable-image as
  one of the many of the frames, was sent to him. therefore, the movie
  had one image that had this problem, and was part of a quicktime .mov
  project i did, and did not know about it until after and have only had
the
  oddness with the finder on my system (no virus when scanned with
Norton,
  previous to this message sent to me) and it seems that it would be
able to
  be sent to a friend through an image, as they did not download the file
  because of the warning. if you want i can send you the image and you
  can troubleshoot it on your computer if you think it is impossible for
it
  to do any damage or if you are able to diagnose it. the image was from
  a PC most likely. so it may be traveling this way (though it seems you
  said it is not possible). and the worm description sounds different
from
  the behavior experienced yet the mystery remains of their connection.
  the reason this was sent was in case others experienced anything of
  this sort, and to learn about the 'finder' restart issue and preview
is new
  to me and any information/URLs would be appreciated to learn more.
  thanks for sharing what you know. bc