[X-Apps] PC Viruses on Mac

Florin Alexander Neumann alexn at ica.net
Sun May 25 20:46:40 PDT 2003

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, at 22:22 Canada/Eastern, human being wrote:

> it seems that it would be able to
>  be sent to a friend through an image

No way. Check the link you quoted, it describes pretty clearly what it
is and how it's transmitted.

>  they did not download the file
>  because of the warning.

Look, this is bogus. (The scan report you quoted said the worm was
found on the C drive -- if they didn't download your file, how did it
get there from you?) We're wasting bandwidth and I think we've carried
this subject far enough for what is, after all, X-Apps. If your file is
under 2MB, feel free to e-mai it to me (personally, not to the list!)
and I'll have a look. If it's bigger, put it online and e-mail me the
URL.