[X4U] SCP and RSYNC

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri May 6 13:44:44 PDT 2005

> You are correct about us all on Mac OS X being UNIX users  ;-) Blush,
> Blush -
>
> I just didn't think many of the Community had Sun Sparc stations and
> Linux Servers on their same Home LAN - I'll will take your advise, try
> another account and will post on the list you suggested below as well.

Don't bet on it.  In my case I've got a Sparc 5 and an Ultra 60 hooked up.
I've also got Sparc 10's & 20's, as well as an Ultra 2 and 10.  Then there
are the two SGI O2's.  I've also had Tru64, Ultrix, OpenBSD, NetBSD, FreeBSD,
NeXTStep, OPENSTEP, and Linux running at home at various times.  That's just
the Unix varients.  I use OpenVMS almost as much as my Mac, and I also at
times have run OS's at home such as BeOS, Amiga OS, QNX, TOS, RT-11, RSX-11M,
RSX-11M+, RSTS/E, MS-DOS, MS Windows (pretty much everything except 2.0),
Apple DOS, ProDOS, GS-OS, CP/M, and probably some others that I'm
forgetting.  This is all on real hardware, not emulation.

At home the Mac is my primary OS, as it helps me resist the urge to tweak
(most of the time).  Mac OS X isn't as good about this though :^(

One question on your problem, are you running both rsync and scp as part of
the same command string?  You can do force rsync to run over ssh.

		Zane