[X4U] SCP and RSYNC

Ean Kingston ean at hedron.org
Fri May 6 15:15:19 PDT 2005

On May 6, 2005 04:44 pm, Zane H. Healy wrote:
> > You are correct about us all on Mac OS X being UNIX users  ;-) Blush,
> > Blush -
> >
> > I just didn't think many of the Community had Sun Sparc stations and
> > Linux Servers on their same Home LAN - I'll will take your advise, try
> > another account and will post on the list you suggested below as well.
>
> Don't bet on it.  In my case I've got a Sparc 5 and an Ultra 60 hooked up.
> I've also got Sparc 10's & 20's, as well as an Ultra 2 and 10.  Then there
> are the two SGI O2's.  I've also had Tru64, Ultrix, OpenBSD, NetBSD,
> FreeBSD, NeXTStep, OPENSTEP, and Linux running at home at various times.
> That's just the Unix varients.  I use OpenVMS almost as much as my Mac, and
> I also at times have run OS's at home such as BeOS, Amiga OS, QNX, TOS,
> RT-11, RSX-11M, RSX-11M+, RSTS/E, MS-DOS, MS Windows (pretty much
> everything except 2.0), Apple DOS, ProDOS, GS-OS, CP/M, and probably some
> others that I'm
> forgetting.  This is all on real hardware, not emulation.

What no OS/2?

Sorry, couldn't resist. And FWIW I had a Sparc and an RS6000 but sold them
about a year ago in preparation for moving.

--
Ean Kingston

E-Mail: ean AT hedron DOT org
I am currently looking for work. If you need competent system/network
administration please feel free to contact me directly.