[X4U] SCP and RSYNC

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri May 6 15:34:56 PDT 2005

Ean Kingston wrote:
> On May 6, 2005 04:44 pm, Zane H. Healy wrote:
> > > You are correct about us all on Mac OS X being UNIX users  ;-) Blush,
> > > Blush -
> > >
> > > I just didn't think many of the Community had Sun Sparc stations and
> > > Linux Servers on their same Home LAN - I'll will take your advise, try
> > > another account and will post on the list you suggested below as well.
> >
> > Don't bet on it.  In my case I've got a Sparc 5 and an Ultra 60 hooked up.
> > I've also got Sparc 10's & 20's, as well as an Ultra 2 and 10.  Then there
> > are the two SGI O2's.  I've also had Tru64, Ultrix, OpenBSD, NetBSD,
> > FreeBSD, NeXTStep, OPENSTEP, and Linux running at home at various times.
> > That's just the Unix varients.  I use OpenVMS almost as much as my Mac, and
> > I also at times have run OS's at home such as BeOS, Amiga OS, QNX, TOS,
> > RT-11, RSX-11M, RSX-11M+, RSTS/E, MS-DOS, MS Windows (pretty much
> > everything except 2.0), Apple DOS, ProDOS, GS-OS, CP/M, and probably some
> > others that I'm
> > forgetting.  This is all on real hardware, not emulation.
>
> What no OS/2?
>
> Sorry, couldn't resist.

No problem, I'm rather embarassed that I forgot about OS/2, considering that
it was the OS that convinced me to buy a Mac.  I started running OS/2 in
'91, and ran it until '95 which Windows 95 came out.  The combination of
Windows '95 and the pathetic quality of Lotus Smartsuite for OS/2 convinced
me to give up on OS/2.  OS/2 was one of the best, if not the best OS I've
ever seen run on an x86 system, but it also had about the worst
applications support.  Almost othing ran native on it, and most of the
software I ran under it was either DOS or Windows software.

		Zane