[X4U] Wireless networking problems and 10.2.8

Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu Kevin.Hahn at colorado.edu
Fri May 6 14:30:39 PDT 2005

I am having a problem with my wireless network at my home.

Currently I am running an airport extreme base station with airport extreme
card in my powerbook g4.

We recently switched to dsl for our internet service. Previously we had been
cripple with dialup and accordingly I had configured my base station to work
that way with that connection type. Now that we have dsl I am trying to
connect the base station into the router (I'd settle for the modem even) and
reconfigure the wireless network so I don't have to be plugged into the wall
(where the family desktop is).

My problem is that my existing configuration for the base station is not going
away and it insists on dialing in for dialup which isn't going to work (I will
be switching it again when I move out for college so I really need to know how
to do this). How to I delete the old network or get into it on a settings side
and reconfigure it unsing 10.2.8. (I went in through system preferences and
didn't figure out anything helpful, internet connect was equally worthless).
Is there a way to hard reset the the base station and just start from scratch?
I can't seem to figure it out and googling for 30 minutes hasn't gotten me the
asnwer yet (maybe I just can't google well for computer problems).

Recap because I am tired and maybe not that effective at communicating:
OS:10.2.8
Wireless modem: Apple AirPort Extreme base station
Configuration change: from dialup to dsl
Question: How do I reconfigure the network or delete its profile and create a
new one or can I hard reset the base state and delete the configuration that
way?

Thank you to any and all that may offer assistance. I don't think I could
stand using the gateway all summer so I really need to figure this out!
Kevin