[X4U] Dashboard needs better widget installation mechanism.

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Sat May 7 21:35:55 PDT 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 11:04 PM, Peter Krug wrote:

> Well, you can enable "open safe files after downloading" in Safari
> and it should automagically put the widgets in Users/you/Library/
> widgets.  But some folks might think that this might a tiny inkling
> of a security issue..

I have the "open safe files" disabled in my version of Safari.     So
when I went to install a new Widget, after reading the help
"instructions" for installing a new widget..  and I went through the
process, of course NOTHING happened, other than the new Widget was
downloaded. And that was all.   So I had to search out other Widgets
and see where they were located.. and then copied my new widget into
that location.   It was certainly awkward..   But I got it installed.

Kansas