[X4U] Dashboard needs better widget installation mechanism.

Jim Warthman jim.warthman at affinity-systems-inc.com
Sat May 7 22:14:36 PDT 2005

On 2005-05-07 8:54 PM, "Robert Nicholson" <robert at elastica.com> wrote:

> If Dashboard is to last and thrive it needs to be easier to install
> Widgets from repositories.

If memory serves, I simply double-clicked on the widget, and it installed.

But I tried to re-create the steps, and something strange happened. In
Safari, I went to the Apple web page that has widgets for download:

     http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/dashboard/

I downloaded a couple .zip files containing widgets. But the downloaded
files weren't on my desktop like they should have been. I searched for the
file, and lo and behold, the widgets were in the ~Library/Widgets/ folder!

I have no idea how they automagically showed up in the right place.

Enjoy!

-- Jim