[X4U] Mail Quits

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Tue May 10 07:21:32 PDT 2005

On May 10, 2005, at 2:51 pm, Richard Nagle wrote:

> Been having mail problem with Apple Mail doing this since 10.1
> in fact, Apple mail program, is Messed up, with bugs,
> been dealing with Apple support for a week, regarding this
> about Apple mail app, NOT deleting mail off ISP server, when
> have selected, after message are downloaded, remove off server,
> Right Away is selected. So, if you are having this problem

I've been reading this thread for a few days, and I have a dumb
question: but do you actually quit Mail.app periodically?

I find that I usually put my Mac to sleep, and that if I log on from
another machine many of the IMAP messages that I've "deleted" will
still be visible, as Mail.app does its purging only when you choose to
synchronise mail folders or exit Mail.app. Is it possible that POP3
messages are also cleared off the server at shutdown, and that you're
not performing this?

BTW: whilst you may be frustrated, describing a developer's app as
"messed up" and posting his email address in public probably isn't the
best way to endear yourself to him. Whilst he may be lazy & inept, it's
probably best to assume that he's hard-working & conscientious, and
would love to hear CONSTRUCTIVE bug reports from users, not just
unhelpful bitching.

Stroller.