[X4U] Rip It Up - iTunes Import Settings Survey

eleventhvolume colin at eleventhvolume.com
Fri May 13 04:29:47 PDT 2005

> I wouldn't recommend converting files in that way. They've already
> been compressed, and decompressing then recompressing them (which is
> what the conversion does), will result in artifacts; the music will
> probably sound worse.
Thanks for the info Kirk and Eddie. I think I'm going to have to stick to
the 192 setting as the thought of reripping hundreds of cds fills me with
dread!

That news prompts another question: As I'm running out of space I'm thinking
of buying a Mac Mini and a largeish LaCie hard drive to serve music and
photos over a wireless network. Would accessing via iApps a shared external
drive containing said media from one or more laptops around the house be a
workable way of going about things?

Thanks again for any advice.

All the best, Colin.